Habits Make Goals Happen
I am a fan of setting goals, not making New Year’s resolutions. For 2021, the most important personal goal I have set for myself is to help more clients have dogs they are proud of. I know that to do this, I need to start a new habit of staying in touch with people I have worked with in the past. I also need create habits to reach more new dog owners too.
One of my favorite books is Atomic Habits by James Clear. This is one of my favorite quotes: “The human brain evolved to prioritize immediate rewards over delayed rewards”. The way to achieve my goal is to keeping reaching out to make new connections. By now, you are probably thinking, “This is nice, Deb, but what does this have to do with training my dog?” We all want the dog that is perfectly trained. Everyone wants a rocket recall. We want 100% focus on us. We want dogs who don’t pull on leash. None of this is achieved overnight. It takes time to build the habits that form these behaviors in your dog. So how do satisfy the brain’s need for immediate rewards with the reality that training takes time? The Sexier Than a Squirrel Challenge!
Training = Building Habits
I invite you to start a new training habits with your dog in the “Sexier Than a Squirrel Challenge”. Wouldn’t you love it if your dog enjoyed paying attention to you? If getting your dog to focus on you was effortless? How cool would it be if your dog wasn’t tempted by squirrels? I want you to feel how awesome it is to have your dog bounding energetically to you instead of away from you! To achieve this, you need to be “Sexier Than a Squirrel”! And I have the tools to help you achieve this! Join me in the Pepper’s Paws’ “Sexier Than a Squirrel Challenge” with our friends at AbsoluteDogs.
Here’s how it will work:
1. Sign up for the challenge here: https://pepperspaws.dogbizpro.com/public/registration/events.aspx?event=289
(If you participated in the “Sexier Than a Squirrel Challenge” in 2020, just email me to join the Pepper’s Paws Sexier Than a Squirrel Challenge FaceBook group – you DO NOT have to pay or sign up again! You are welcome to do the challenge with us again in the FaceBook group)
2. Register for the Challenge on the AbsoluteDogs website using the personal link I email to you.
3. Join our private Facebook Group for the challenge (I will send you a link to this).
4. Watch the video in the challenge each day on the AbsoluteDogs website and then try it with your dog! I will also post a video of me doing the daily challenge with one of my dogs each day in the Pepper’s Paws Sexier Than a Squirrel FaceBook group too! Feel free to post videos of you and your dog in the Pepper’s Paws Sexier Than a Squirrel Facebook group too! Keep an eye out for helpful tips and prizes there too! Yes! We Pepper’s Paws will be offering prizes for participating in the Challenge – more info to come on this soon!
5. Have fun building a new training habit with your dog! Building new habits creates new behaviors!
Don’t worry if you can’t start on January 1st – whenever you sign up, that is your Day 1! The Facebook group will be around for all of 2021 and your access to the AbsoluteDogs Videos is forever! Are you ready to be Sexier Than a Squirrel? Sign up and let’s get started building habits for a lifetime together!
About Pepper’s Paws Dog Training
Pepper’s Paws, LLC provides in home private dog training lessons for basic manners, behavior problems, and fear aggression at the Delaware Beaches – Rehoboth, Lewes, Bethany and surrounding areas, and any where in the US via Zoom
Head trainer Deb Murray, is Certified Canine Behavior Consultant (CBCC-KA) and Certified Professional Dog Training (CPDT-KA) by the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers, a Fear Free Certified Trainer, an AKC Evaluator, and a Distinguished Graduate and Mentor Trainer for the Catch Canine Academy.
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.